Thursday, March 12, 2009

Basic Human Necessity: Conquered

I may have previously been a little too cocky about my presumed victory over illness. After that post, I found myself unable to sleep. Lying down led to a vicious cough that kept me from rest.

Eventually, I slumbered for 45 minutes by sitting in a living room chair with a blanket wrapped around me. After that, it was time to wake up and face a full day. Work at 9am straight through a class which ends at 10pm. I should have been completely wrecked by the end of the day - coming off an illness, getting next-to-no sleep, and carrying on living the up-tempo, swingin' life that I lead.

Yet, when I was parking the car (the furthest away I've ever had to, natch) tonight, I felt strangely calm, and not all that tired. While I had every right to just collapse upon getting inside, instead I opened up the computer to tool around online for a bit. Heading to bed did not stand out as a top priority.

Why I Am Awesome: I have evolved past the need for sleep. I am better than such trifling matters now.

Why I Am Not Awesome: .... Nope, there's no downside here. I truly have moved beyond all human understanding, become one of the greatestzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment