Monday, March 30, 2009

Elevator Action

Continuing our theme of things that occur in my building's lifts, this past Saturday evening I saw a note posted in the south elevator of our building. I must admit that I sadly did not record the exact text, but the following approximates it reasonably well:


Hello ladies,
We are two men in our 20s who have just moved here from Indianapolis. We are lonely and have no plans for tonight.
If any females are interested in hanging out, please contact us.
*names*
*apartment number*
*phone numbers*
*email addresses


This note was written on a torn-out piece of notebook paper, and posted next to the floor number buttons in the elevator. With duct tape.

Did it work? Did this missive ensare any hapless, lonely females in the building who have a thing for desperate mid-western men? As of now, I don't know. But I just staple gunned a notecard to the alarm button asking what ended up happening. I'll update you when I get a response.

Why I Am Awesome: Unlike these two zeroes, I don't damage my soul rooting for a team led by the insufferable Peyton Manning.

Why I Am Not Awesome: I have not found a way to get a referral bonus for pointing sad, pathetic men in the direction of Craig's List.

No comments:

Post a Comment