Thursday, April 16, 2009

These Changes Always Hinge On Something

Before heading home tonight, I went into the main campus library to get some work done. I sat down at one of the tables in the East Asian Library (which has the best mix of quiet areas and available outlets, in my ever so humble opinion). When opening up my computer, I thought, "Huh, that's weird. Why does the monitor feel so loose?"

The answer: because the right hinge on the laptop had somehow separated from the keyboard base. Not fully broken, but definitely damaged. The computer is almost four years old and has been, shall we say, "quirky" for the better part of the past year. Given this latest development, it looks like I need to seriously explore the market for a new laptop.

Why I Am Awesome: I might become a Mac person.

Why I Am Not Awesome: I might become a Mac person.

1 comment: