Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

As part of my whirlwind tour of seeing friends and family during my time back home, I arranged to spend some time last night Olde Magoun's Saloon, a bar in Somerville. It's a spacious place, and they serve amazing fries. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

Besides being centrally located to a lot of people I know, it was also chosen because when I worked in the area I had spent many a day there, during lunch and after-work hours. How much time did I spend there, you ask? Well, mind you, I have spent a total of about 20 days on the east coast since mid-August. This was my second time in the establishment since I stopped working at my local job in late July. I haven't set foot in there since mid-December.

When I walked in and sat down last night, the waitress came up to me and said, "Diet Coke and fries, right? And did you get a haircut?"

Why I Am Awesome: It's nice to be remembered.

Why I Am Not Awesome: Utter predictability.

No comments:

Post a Comment