Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We Will Likely Use Large Trash Bags Too

This week we move to a new apartment. The time-frame for this move developed a while ago - Lisa's contract (mercifully) ends tomorrow, so our free housing runs out on Saturday. We've had a lease on the new place for a few weeks now. We set up furniture there a while back and have it all ready to go once we get our stuff over there.

(Full disclosure: Lisa set the furniture up. I lifted things when necessary, and mainly stayed out of the way by reading a book on the new couch.)

The issue now is getting our stuff over there. Because the stuff remains scattered throughout the current apartment. Sure, we said during the past few weeks, "Well, we have access to the new place; we'll just move stuff over there a little at a time and it won't be a big hassle at the end." Yeah. We didn't do that. And it's the end.

So for the next few days, we will frantically throw together duffel bags and boxes full of random shit we've collected in the past three months. And we'll make a bunch of trips from the Los Feliz humongo apartment complex to the quaint little Echo Park house to dump stuff on our new carpets. All while we also battle class assignments, work commitments, application deadlines, and the looming Friday night appointment with a plane back east to Boston. We'll get it done; but a certain degree of whining and squabbling will be prominently featured.

Why I Am Awesome: I've done a little bit more packing than Lisa has. Even minor victories are still victories.

Why I Am Not Awesome: I keep forgetting I still have to do my taxes too. Dammit.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't done mine either! And Scout is demanding her W2 for work on the blog--but I bet I could convince her to take literal bones over figurative bones.

    ReplyDelete